– I guess I should sit down, right? – Yeah, yes. – What do we got, an hour? – That would be a good thing to do. – Not a lot of space, but I, you know. – Yeah. – You mind if I put my leg like that? – No, it’s fine. – All right, cool, cool. Let’s get some intimacy going on. (laughing) So. (upbeat music) – My name is Sam, I am a Sagittarius, and a Freelance writer in New York. I’ve been single for seven years. And baby, I’m looking for love. (laughing) I am looking for love, though. I used to think I was looking
for someone, you know, smart, funny, who liked the same movies, but then those people turned out to be, like, emotionally broken. I do let astrology kind of
play into my dating life. I am always attracted to Scorpios. Since I’ve been ostensibly
single for seven years, I’m obviously doing something wrong, so maybe the stars will
help me find my match. (upbeat music) – [Sam] So what do you like
to do for fun in New York? – Uh, I drink a lot. – Okay. – Functioning alcoholic. – Okay, great. – My, my fridge, full of Trader Joe rosé. – So you’re preference is wine? – Ah, rosé. – Rosé specifically. – Specifically rosé. – Okay. – And then if It’s 80
degrees or higher, rosé. – Oh my god, you like rosé. – I love rosé. – I hate rosé. – Ahh! – Alex is a nix for me, canceled. (laughing) – [Sam] Hello. – I’m JT. – So what’s your dating history? – So I’ve been tragically single for basically five years now. – Tragically, why? – Tragically, like my friends
set me up with somebody- – Mm-hmm. – who they think is perfect for me and- – Mm-hmm. – we have an awesome
time together and then we become best friends. So I don’t know if I’m
getting friend zoned (laughs) or if like I’m friend zoning
them or what the deal is. – Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. – I’m not exactly sure. – Okay, and what’s your sign? – Cancer. – Cancer.
– Cancer, yeah. – Cancer, whoa. – I know, I know. (laughs) – I can read this room right now. I know what’s going on. – Uh, JT was a nix for me. He’s a little too put together and also is a Cancer which is
a red flag for me actually. (upbeat music) – [Daniel] Daniel, nice to meet you. – [Sam] Daniel, nice to meet you. How you doing? – I’m doing well, you
know for an early date. Thanks a lot. – Yeah, yeah. – I’m doing okay. – Are you usually a late riser? – Yeah, yeah, yeah, I stay up pretty late. – So what do you stay up late doing? – I like to just think,
look out the window. I find the dark, it’s
like expansive, you know. – Wow. – So that’s how I like get my sanity. – Oh my goodness. That’s a very evolved response. (laughing) Okay so what is one of
your guilty pleasures? – So I like a little bit of chocolate. Let me see if I can, I
mean, I watch The Office. (laughs) I’m just at the one where Michael leaves. I was going to watch it last night, but I didn’t want to get worked up so. – Oh my god. – Yeah. – So specific. What do you do for a living? – I’m an actor. – Oh, nice. – Yeah I do juggle, unicycle, but magic, I could never figure
out how to hide things. – Daniel is a nix for me. Ah, he has big actor energy
and also loves The Office. – How’s everything? – Ups and downs, you know. – Ups and downs. – Yeah, yeah.
– Okay. – I quit my job recently so um- – Oh wow. – It’s an up, but I just mean,
it’s a life change, yeah. – Okay, something new now, that’s good. – Yeah, what about you. What do you do for work? – I’m a jim at a restaurant. – Nice.
– Yeah. – What kind of food? – Um, French.
– Ooh. – I’m half French so. – Oh cool. – Yeah, yeah, yeah. – I’m Canadian-
– Canadian. – So I’m also half French Canadian. – [Foreign Language 03:32.37] – [Foreign Language 3:33.09]
– Ahh, okay! [Foreign Language 3:33.21] – Ahh! – David is a cusp for me. Really attracted to his energy
and um yeah, it was just I felt like, um, I’d go
on a second date with him. Yeah. – [Krish] Krish – Krish, nice to meet you. What do you do for a living? – I am a like freelance
management consultant. – Oh nice. – So, it’s been a lot of fun just because it’s given
me time to like explore- – Mm-hmm. – opportunities and travel more. – Where have you been? – Oh, man. So I think I’ve been to
like 30 countries now. – Oh my god. – Yeah, I know. – It’s funny because, um, Sagittariuns supposedly like travel,
but I actually hate travel. – Okay. – Yeah. – Krish was a nix for me. I didn’t feel any sparks. – So, uh, we’re on a date.
– Right. – Um, what’s- – This is like a nice bar? – Yeah, it’s a nice bar. – Can we like- (laughs) – a round of drinks? – Yeah, do you usually
go on dates to bars? – No. – What’s your dating file? – I like a nice like walk around. Like meet me for a walk. – Meet me for a walk. – And we’ll get a coffee on the way. – Okay. – Yeah.
– Nice. An’s a nix for me. I feel like we didn’t talk
about anything at all. – So here we go. – Yeah, here we go. I see we’re both clad in denim today. – The right move.
– Yeah. – It’s the right move.
– Yeah. – Where do you live in New York? – Williamsburg. – Okay, I live in Greenpoint. – Okay.
– Yeah. – Okay, cool.
– Yeah, yeah. – You ever take the Roboscooters around? – No, I can’t drive. – I’ll have to take you some time. – Yeah. – It’s a really fun time. – Oh so you like to revel. – I love to revel. – Clay is a cusp for me. Felt a little spark, so, yeah. I’d try it. – [Sam] Sam. – [Mike] Hi, pleasure. – Your name is Pleasure? – No, Mike, I said- – Mike (laughs) – There you go. – Sorry I missed your name. (laughing) What are your best
traits in a relationship and what are your worst traits? – Worst traits is just, you
know, the communication. – Okay.
– You know. – Do you think you’re a good communicator? – Absolutely. – Yeah.
– Absolutely. – Mike was a nix for me. Like I did not feel super at ease. – [Sam] So you’re a trainer? – [Terry] Yes. – Do you like look for
someone who’s super in shape- – Oh. – when you date? – No, I’m just looking
for somebody that’s fun. – Okay yeah, because I hate exercise. – I like to meal prep a lot too, and I like to cook for myself. – Yeah, what do you like to cook? – Uh, I like meatloaf, sometimes turkey, you know, fried chicken. – Okay. What would you say if I
told you that I was a vegan? Terry is a nix for me. I can’t be around someone
who’s like a trainer. – What’s your favorite animal? – Favorite animal?
– Yeah. – I’m going to have to
go with the cliché lion. – A cliché lion? Lions aren’t cliché – Or the silverback gorilla. – Okay well that’s highly specific, why? – Absolutely. I saw the silverback
gorilla in Africa, in Uganda in the jungle.
– Oh wow. – And ever since then,
I was like obsessed. – Like I want a tattoo
of a silverback gorilla. – Oh my god. I just went to the zoo
which is not Africa, but there were zebras. – David Attenborough would say, the zebra. – The zebra. For the rest of the date can you do a David Attenborough accent? – The rest of the date? Do I have to sabotage myself like this? – Clearly. – Because I will, sure. (laughing) – Okay so now as David
Attenborough, tell me what you like to do on a first date. – What does David Attenborough like to do? – No what do you do, but
with a strange accent? – Your commanding me to do this accent. – Tell me- – It’s making me very uncomfortable. – about your perfect first date. – But I’m gonna do it. Um, I would go to get Mediterranean food. (laughing) My thoughts on Matt. Honestly I’d put Matt on a cusp. I really like someone
who can keep up with me and even though that was a lot to handle, I liked it. (laughs) Um, what’s his sign? – [Speaker 1] Scorpio. – I (beep) knew it. – Well what do you like to do on a date? – I’m a foodie, so I’ll definitely say- – Okay – I got, yeah, I got to a good restaurant. Whether it’s like a
really, really nice one or maybe one of those
dive bars type of deals. – Mm-hmm. – Maybe like a concert after. – What kind of music are you into? – Um, all over. Well the most recently
music wise I’ve been to is a festival, the Newport Jazz Festival. – Okay I want to the
Newport Folk Festival. – Oh wow. – I don’t go to the jazz
festival because I can’t go to Rhode Island twice in one summer. (laughs) But, uh, yeah. – Yeah, they’re dope, they’re really dope. I love them. – I hear such good things
about the jazz festival. – Yeah, oh man. – Yeah Brian is a cusp for me. Easy conversation, clearly a fun guy. So, yes I would go on
a second date with him. – I guess I should sit down, right? – Yeah, yes. – What do we got, an hour? – It would be a good thing to do. – Not a lot of space but I, you know. – Yeah. – You mind if I put my leg like that? – No, it’s fine. – All right, cool, cool. Let’s get some intimacy going on. (laughing) [Inaudible 08:04.26]. – What’s your name?
– Sir. – Sir.
– Mm-hmm. – Sam.
– Sam. – Yeah.
– I like that, three letters. – Yeah. [Crosstalk]
– Alignment. (laughing) Are you into alignment, into astrology? – Oh yeah.
– Okay. – So like, what’s your sign? – Sag. – Me too. (laughs) Wait, when’s your birthday? – December 14th. – What, what? – Is your birthday December 14th? – Wait, hold up. We have the same birthday. – No way. – That’s creepy. – Okay that is creepy. – Wait, not really creepy. Maybe this is meant to be. – Whoa, this is so much so fast. (laughing) Sir is a nix for me which is crazy because we have the same birthday. I just felt like it was too
much, too much, too fast. (upbeat music) So my dates are all done, and here’s who I placed on the cusp. David who’s an Aries. Ryan who’s a Virgo. Clay, Libra. And Matt, Scorpio. Out of these, Matt nixed me. But everyone else said they’d
go on a second date with me. – She was really easy to talk to. There was nothing really awkward, kind of clicked and flowed. – I think it went pretty well. It was pretty fun. – She speaks French. I speak French too. She’s half Canadian so. It went well. – All in all, she wasn’t my type. You know. You get that feeling when
it’s your type or not. You know. – I don’t like being rejected,
so I feel like indignant that one person nixed me
especially since it’s the sign that I usually like end up falling for. But Scorpios have only
ever broken by heart, so this is probably for the best. And it’s exciting to know
that three of the people that I cusped are also
potentially interested. (mellow music) I understand that Clay is
like allegedly my star match, but I am a Sag, I love taking risks. So I think I’m gonna go with David. The zodiac definitely
influenced my decisions a little bit. I felt like the choices that I was making matched with the things that
I think about those signs. I chose David because out of
the three people that I cusped who cusped me back, I
felt like there was just the greatest potential
based on like the other non-astrological things
I’m into in a person. He’s really put together and business. I’m a weirdo, so like, who knows how long he’ll tolerate that and
how long we’ll like vibe, but definitely the most potential, and I’m excited to try it out. – Is this the part that
I take her number down?