From why spiders hardly move to whether fish
can talk to each other, we answer several of your most burning questions about life.
– Hi there, my name is Melissa and I’ll be reading out the questions and answers.
– Hey – I’m Hellbent. – Is that all you’re going to say?
– Hey – I’m Hellbent and Earth truly is flat. The government is blinding you all towards
the truth because you’re a bunch of sheep who blindly accept everything written on Wikipedia.
How’s that? – You’re terrible at this. BeccaTheDemon – Why do all colours of light
appear clear? – Colours of light? What are you talking about?
Let me see this. – *
– Huh. That’s… That’s pretty hot… – *
– HELLBENT! THE STUDIO IS ON FIRE! – … That’s nice.
– * – Hey! – OH MY GOD THE STUDIO IS ON FIRE! Light is made up of several colours and each
colour is a different wavelength. White light, or the clear light that we see, is made up
of all wavelengths. The reason we do not see everything as white is because objects reflect
the colour of light that matches their’s. For example, a red apple reflects the red
wavelength of light and absorbs the others. – *
– Phew – Ok – I don’t think there was too much damage.
– Are you kidding? Look at my lighter – it’s RUINED. You’re paying for this.
– No, I’m not. – You are. Or I’m telling the audience that
Earth is flat again. – Don’t-
– Hey – I’m Hellbent and Earth truly is flat- Phoenix Heart – Why do our hands quiver and
shake when we’re tired? – I’ll tell you what wakes me up when I’m
feeling tired and shaky – lifting weights. – I don’t know if that’s something you
should do when you’re tired, Hellbent. – Don’t be a wimp. I lift as soon as I wake
up, when I’m eating breakfast, when I shower, when I’m driving, at the bar, on the toilet
– even when I’m sleeping. – Oh, you do NOT.
– That’s your opinion. Trembling could be a sign that the body is
responding to stress. The human body’s natural reaction to stress is to tighten its muscles
and to stimulate the nervous system to heighten senses. A lack of sleep can cause the body
to produce more stress hormones, which in turn will cause you to tremble or shake. boi ii – Can different fish species talk to
each other? – A better question would be “can fish talk
to us?”. There’s this fish that Dolan keeps in a bowl in his office. No matter how
much I tap the glass, she never speaks. – SAY – SOMETHING! HELLOOOOO?
– *hiss* – Eh, must be dead. Better flush her down
the toilet. Fish can communicate with each other and with
other fish species to an extent. Some use body language, while others can generate low
voltage electricity, such as the Black Ghost Knifefish. Some fish can even produce sounds
by vibrating their swim bladder. Certain reef fish even make sounds to attempt to scare
away predators or other potential threats. – *
– Hellbent. Have you seen Gooby lately? – No idea. Last time I saw her she was taking
a swim. – …you flushed her down the toilet again,
didn’t you? – Probably. Diamond Ore Attacker – What is the oldest
exoplanet known to man? – Planet of the Apes from 1968 is by far the
oldest exoplanet known to man. – No, an ACTUAL exoplanet.
– Excuse me. Planet of the Apes IS a real exoplanet. That’s what Earth looked like
in 1968. We’ve come a long way since then. – That’s just a movie!
– It was a documentary. Stop reading Wikipedia. – You think Earth was a desolate wasteland
50 years ago, where intelligent apes ruled the world, all buildings were destroyed and
rebuilt between now and then – BUT they had complex camera equipment to film and produce
a two hour time-travel documentary? – Yes.
– Okay then. Exoplanets are planets beyond our solar system.
Thousands have been discovered but the oldest known exoplanet is PSR B1620-26 b, nicknamed
“Methuselah”. This particular exoplanet is believed to be about 12.7 billion years
old. For comparison, Earth’s age has been calculated to be roughly 4.54 billion years
old. Silver_Diamonds – Did the Statue of Liberty
have any instructions? – Ha – instructions! You don’t need instructions
to build something. Real men build things from passion. I can tell you that if I was
there when they were building the Statue of Liberty, it would have looked a hell of a
lot better! – *
– Mister Hellbent, I must say that the statue doesn’t seem to resemble that which is printed
on the instructions, sir. – Damn your instructions, woman! Can you not
see that I am creating a masterpiece? – * Yes in fact she did. The French sculptor,
Auguste Bartholdi, devised a method of assembly where the statue was broken down into roughly
350 pieces in France and then transported to America. Each piece was assigned a number
or a figure and the pieces that lined up next to each other had identical figures. For any
of you that have built a table, this may sound somewhat familiar. KonasRocks – Why do spiders stay in the same
place almost 24/7? – Can’t a guy catch a break here and there?
Humans chase them with bug spray, they slap them to death with shoes – it’s an absolutely
terrifying life. Sometimes they just want to relax, watch some TV in the corner of a
room without getting killed. But you won’t leave them alone. Terrible.
– They’re nasty, though. – You know what your problem is? You’re
intolerant. – That’s YOUR opinion.
– Touché. But I’m pretty sure when a spider sees you, they see a big nasty bird. I know
I do. Your typical house spider is a web spinner,
which means most of the time it will sit on its web waiting for food to arrive. Moving
around wastes energy and could draw unwanted attention to the spider, scaring away a potential
meal or worse, the spider itself may become lunch for a passing predator. – *
– You need help, Lady. – *
– Look who’s talking! Galaxygirl978 – Where does the phrase “for
crying out loud” come from? – People these days cry about everything.
People like Melissa always whining about spiders over Twitter, equal rights for bird people,
it makes me sick. Back before the internet though, people actually complained in PERSON,
out LOUD, instead of hiding behind a keyboard. – Yesterday, you complained for an hour that
your steak was cooked medium well instead of medium rare.
– That was a basic social issue that I escalated into an hour long ordeal that embarrassed
everyone involved. And for that, I should be rewarded. “For crying out loud” is a minced oath
of the English phrase “For Christ’s sake”, something you might yell when you hit your
thumb with a hammer. A minced oath or “mincing words” means to choose words so as not to
offend others. In this case, it was once not acceptable to misuse the name of God, Jesus
or other religious figures in speech. Over time these taboos have relaxed, but the euphemism
has remained. gloria mompellez – Why do trees have different
looks? – *
– They’re all just wood and leaves to me. They’re only good for firewood.
– Be careful Hellbent, Nixxiom says that nature has a way of reciprocating what you take from
it. – Ha! That pointy eared idiot doesn’t know
what he’s talking about. – *
– So it’s going to be like that, huh trees? – *
– Let’s find out if trees can bleed. – * Like most living things on the planet, trees
have evolved into many different species and have adapted to a variety of environments.
Temperate forests can contain Oak, Elms, Maple and Birch trees, just to name a few. Currently
it is thought that there are over 60,000 species of trees on the planet. – Hellbent, how’s the firewood coming along?
– * XxIron WitherxX – Why are our bodies symmetrical? – Not everyone. I know a guy who has two arms
on one side of his body and one leg longer than the other. Me and the guys even have
a nickname for him. – What do you call him?
– Big Pete – he’s very tall. – Oh, PLEASE. If Pete actually exists, what’s
his last name? – … Shwarba.
– Pete Shwarba, the man with two arms on one side and… very tall?
– Hey guys! – …ugh. I hate this show. On the outside the human body appears somewhat
symmetrical, there are several theories as to why that is. One is that symmetry evolved
to help with mate selection. Several studies have shown that both animals and humans are
more attracted to mates with symmetrical features, possibly as a sign of good health. misstary13 – Can people grow in or out of
allergies? – If you want to conquer an allergy you need
to face it. Find what you are allergic to and then expose yourself to it. Eat it, rub
it on your face, whatever. Just be sure to get lots of it. Eventually (if you survive)
you’ll be allergy free! – I don’t know about that – I mean you’re
somewhat right but – – Aha! See? Somewhat right! Good ol’ Hellbent
knows what’s good for you. I sprayed Dolan with as many lethal pathogens as I could find,
and now he’s basically IMMUNE! – How’s it going, buddy?
– * An overactive immune system is the cause of
allergies and you can develop an allergy at any point in your life, although it is more
common during childhood. Some people may outgrow allergies, one theory is that if a person
is exposed to low levels of allergen over time it will decrease the body’s reaction
to that particular allergen. However, allergies are unpredictable and it is possible that
they could return even after outgrowing them.